Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Get Rid of that Sinky "Boy" Smell!

Pin It

Do you have any of these in your house?


and



My family of 5 consists of two of those male creatures and just one throne...
The smallest male creature has been lurking a whole lot more since summer started along with a few of his other male creature friends.  They have left my one and only bathroom a sad site to see... and smell

I've even thought of holding 'aim classes', you know the cheerio trick in the water to teach aim?  I've scrubbed, I've bleached, I've sprayed... I've even changed my potty seat and had the Hubs re-caulk the area where the toilet meets the floor
ONLY
to return to the bathroom 10 minutes later feeling as if I've been transported to the elementary school boys room.  It leaves us 3 divine females constantly holding our noses and wanting to done hazmat suits just to visit the potty.  So what is a mom to do other than make the creatures use nature's bathroom?

Well, I ran across a post on Ask Anna the other day where she dealt with this issue {giving credit where credit is due} .  I ran out to the Dollar Tree, gathered my supplies to make this heavenly non toxic scrub and guess what?

IT WoRKS!

Wanna know how to get rid of that Stinky Boy Smell in your bathroom too?  Okay, well here's what you need to make your own deodorizing scrub:

Lemon Juice {I used fresh from concentrate}
Baking Soda
White Vinegar in a spray bottle


Step One- Mix some lemon juice and baking soda together in a small bowl.  No exact measurements needed, you just want a paste similar to white glue or runny pancake batter.
Yes, they will fizz for a few seconds!

Step Two- Rub the lemon paste around those 'stinky' areas... I smeared my toilet seat {both sides}, down the base of the potty, the floor {especially where the potty meets the floor}.  For some reason, I believe my little man turns to glance out the window while... you know, and always manages to spray the wall next to the potty... so I smeared my paste there too!  Try to cover all areas where your creature sprays too.

Step Three-  Walk Away!  Leave the bathroom and go fix yourself a glass of iced tea... {or lemonade}, or go ahead and clean the tub and sink if you're that much of a "go getter", ha ha.  Either way, Let it sit for a good 15 minutes. 

Step Four-  Spray the areas you've coated with your paste with the white vinegar... yes it will bubble some more!  Then, simply wipe it off!

It's been hours and the 'Stinky Boy Smell' has not returned and my bathroom still smells lemon fresh!  I heart the fact that this concoction is non toxic, with no stinky fumes to leave you with a headache the rest of the day...



You can keep up with the T&B craziness by following along
GFC, Linky, FB, G+, Twitter and Pintrest too!
Like this post?  Feel free to Pin and gPlus away!


Linking with these Fantastic blogs Here!




UndertheTableandDreaming

9 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

I'm going to try this

Unknown said...

I never knew this...and boy do I know about stinky bathrooms with 6 sons! Thanks for this Kimberly!

Ashley said...

I'm following! My blog is Life with Moore Babies. :)

This tip will come in handy in a couple years when my little mnn is potty training!

Emily said...

Girl I think you just saved my life. I've been trying to get rid of that smell forever! Yeah! I know what's on my grocery list for tomorrow. You rock and so does Anna!

Bright Side of Life said...

Thanks for that. Three males and one girl (me!) in my house! Hate that smell...

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

Haha...my son is a little too young for a boy smell but I know it will come around soon enough. Great tips.

Full Circle Creations said...

Great tip. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

Holly

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Really helpful! No one wants a stinky bathroom!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

I just featured this in my round-up of my favorite tips. Thanks so much for shraing it: http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2013/02/putting-pinterest-to-test.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...