Monday, April 2, 2012

Placemats to Spring Banner

Pin It
I have a pretty easy way to make a cute banner for your spring decor!

We've used some bright pink butterfly shaped placemats from the Dollar Tree to create this banner.


These are bright pink felt cutouts from our local store... I was lucky enough to grab 5, not really sure at the time what I was going to do with them.


A hard debate played in my mind whether to use twine or ribbon.  Since I'm so loving the glam/new mixed with the old/shabby I chose to use the twine and simply tied each butterfly placemat to each other... making sure the knots were all on the backside.


And right behind my BEaUtiful girl's head, you can see the completed banner on my front porch for spring!  Now it's been gloomy and rainy here for a few days, so I apologize for not having a 'banner dedicated' photo for you.  I'll be showing you some other spring touches added to the porch and house soon, so stop back!  If you're not already, consider following along!

I so love having the 2 new Dollar Tree stores open withing 10 minutes of my house! 
You can see some of my other dollar store projects like the hanging lantern {here} and my inspirational candle {here}. 

Feel free to grab my new button!  Just a reminder,  I would so love to do a button swap with you!

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

Ahh, I saw these at the Dollar Store the other. Duh, I should have thought of a banner. So pretty!

Andie Jaye said...

i didn't even notice them in her pictures, i was too busy looking at her! those are really cute! i bet our DT has some! maybe i'll run over there real quick... it's momma day and kids at gramma's :)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh what a pretty spring welcome banner! And your daughter is just lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...